In Person - Real Estate Investment & Strategy: Dinner with Tom Shapiro, Founder of GTIS Partners
Tom Shapiro is the President and Founder of GTIS. In addition, Mr. Shapiro is the Chief Investment Officer responsible for overseeing all investment activity and strategy of the firm. Mr. Shapiro is also Chairman of the General Partner’s Investment Committee and is a member of the Board of Directors of Brazil Hospitality Group, one of the largest owners and managers of hotels in Brazil.
Mr. Shapiro’s experience in the real estate industry began in 1988. Prior to starting GTIS, Mr. Shapiro was a Senior Managing Director at Tishman Speyer and a member of the firm’s Investment and Management Committees. Most recently, Mr. Shapiro was responsible for Tishman Speyer’s global equity capital markets and dispositions groups. Previously, Mr. Shapiro ran GTS Properties, an acquisitions joint venture between Tishman Speyer and Goldman Sachs.
Mr. Shapiro serves on the Board of Trustees of Horace Mann School. He also serves on the Undergraduate Executive Board for The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania from which Mr. Shapiro received a B.S. and graduated magna cum laude.
With any questions on this event, other real estate events or membership, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for an exciting evening with gourmet bites, signature cocktails, and strategic networking as we convene the New York's top movers and shakers in the real estate industry. Our signature fireside chat format was specifically designed to foster organic discussions about the future of real estate investing, develop new long-term professional relationships, and allow our members to explore potential partnerships and professional opportunities.
The fireside chat will be comprised of speakers' insights on current trends/opportunities in the real estate market and tried-and-true advice on how to operate a successful real estate firm.
YJP is an exclusive community dedicated to connecting young professionals; active real estate developers, owners, investors and deal-makers with the leaders and entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
- 6:00 - 7:00 Cocktail Reception
- 7:00 - 8:00 Fireside Chat & Dinner
- 8:00 - 9:00 Dessert Buffet
Please note that all attendees must show either proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test result from within 48 hours of the event to enter. Wearing a mask when not eating/drinking is recommended and masks will be available for those who need them.
**This event will take place in person in NYC; dietary laws are observed
We greatly appreciate your interest in attending this session. Please read the attendee guidelines below for more information on how to qualify for this session:
- YJP Sessions are open to professionals with 1-20 years of experience. If you are interested in attending, please apply by clicking the "register" button. A member of our team will review your information and get back to you shortly.
- If you have over 20 years of experience and do not qualify for this session, we will be happy to provide further information on our executive-level membership and involvement opportunities for which you do qualify.
- Non-members of YJP are welcome to join one event to experience our group. After your first event we ask that you apply to become a member if you wish to continue being involved in our community.